Birthday cards are the most common sort of card that we receive. Sometimes they are also the hardest to write. This is especially the case when we're writing a card for someone we don't know well. Here are some suggestions of what you can write in a birthday card to make it that more special.
Something short, sharp and shiny:
- I hope that you have a great day full of blessings.
- Wishing you a fun day.
- May your day be full of joy.
- Let the coming year be one of health and happiness.
- I hope that today is as special as you are.
- May today you be shown how much you are loved.
- Thank you for being you.
- I love celebrating this special day with one of my favourite people.
Something more personal:
- Your friendship means the world to me.
- Thank you for all that you do.
- I can't imagine life without you.
- Thank you for making the world a brighter place.
- "Today you have added another candle of knowledge and wisdom to your life. May it give you the power to enlighten the whole world. On your birthday, I wish you joy and happiness." Debasish Mridha
- "There are two attitudes you can have when it comes to your birthday: 1. be thankful you have lived another year. or, 2. complain about being a year older." Catherine Pulsifer.
- "To me, fair friend, you never can be old, for as you were when first your eye I eye'd, such seems your beauty still." William Shakespeare
- "Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!" Nicky Gumbel.
- "You know you're getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It's like, 'See if you can blow this out.'" Jerry Seinfeld.
- "Just remember, once you're over the hill, you begin to pick up speed." Charles Schulz
What are some of the things you like to write in your greeting cards?